Monday, July 27, 2009

They Don't Deserve The Title.

"Living someone else's life is more difficult than living your own."

  It kills me when I go on Wikipedia and I see Dane Cook listed as a comedian and film actor. He is an amazing comedian, but an extremely sub-par actor. I hate the favoritism people attain because they have a special talent. Dane Cook, you're hilarious, but don't ruin your reputation by acting in weak films. He does not add any depth in any movies that he has done (Employee of the Month, Good Luck Chuck...). And let me bring in his costar in Employee of the Month, Jessica Simpson. Jessica, you know you have no acting skills whatsoever, so please go back to, umm, was it singing?

Many movies lately have recruited beauty over talent. For some movies, however, it's not that bad.

   Megan Fox, you can star in as many films as you like. But your title should be model, not actress. I can't really judge your acting, because you haven't really done any. In the Transformer movies and How To Lose Friends and Alienate People, you boosted the audience just by looking good. If not for you Transformers 2 would have bombed. But, in all your movies, you don't do much, which leads me to the conclusion you are not very good at acting. If you were, maybe they would have given you a line in the movie.

   Another beautiful actor that can't really perform is Adrian Grenier (Vince from Entourage). Don't get me wrong, I do think Entourage is fantastic, and I enjoy watching Vince and the boys partying. But when they try to bring Entourage to the dramatic episodes, Vince still manages to keep the show humorous. Last season, when Vince couldn't find a job, the show seemed to get serious. However, like my friend said, he laughed whenever Vince screamed. Entourage should stick to the fun life, we all enjoy it that way.

-Some actors that are surprisingly good: Miley Cyrus and Justin Timberlake.
-More actors to be added later.


3 comments:

  1. geesh. dane cook is one tool short of a toolbelt

    ReplyDelete
  2. .....Miley Cyrus? JT? I lost some respect..

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's why they're surprising. I've seen Hannah Montana, and for a Disney actress, she's pretty good. And Timberlake is one funny guy. Plus, he was great in Alpha Dog (so was Emile Hirsch. They just both suck at singing.

    ReplyDelete