Monday, March 1, 2010

Canada, Ay?

First off, I'd like to say welcome back to the four readers I have. After a long break I've decided to put my senior year to some good use and continue this blog. What more fun can I have than posting my opinions on the internet just so they can be held against me in the future? Anyways, this article isn't about how bored I am in senior year, but about a topic even fewer people care about: the Olympics. Like most Americans, I feel a strong sense of unity and nationalism when I watch Evan Lysacek (can't believe I spelled that right) defeat that commy Plushenko (sorry, got carried away there). We all felt a punch in our stomach when Canada took away our hopes of an upset in that classic hockey game. In the end, however, America, as usual, ended up with the most medals. It feels good to be an American. But in the end, most of us are not going to feel all gloomy watching the closing ceremonies. We probably won't even notice that it's over. It's the Winter Olympics, and we just don't love it all that much. I was waiting for it to end so I can watch my NBC series' again (yes, some people do watch NBC that's not Law & Order). Either way, as entertaining as the Olympics was, two weeks was about enough for me. Thank you Lindsey Vonn, Apolo Ohno, and Shaun White for the medals and the entertainment, but we've had enough for four years. 

No comments:

Post a Comment